At Abbey Wood Grange we are continuing to implement strict procedures during the Covid 19 pandemic so that we are able to provide a safe, welcoming and reassuring environment to all our families.
We follow guidance from the Department for Education and the link below outlines the current reasoning behind why nurseries are able to remain open during the current lockdown.
We continually monitor and assess the stringent hygiene procedures we have in place ensuring we are adhering to current guidelines and amending practices if needed.
- Temperatures taken upon arrival
- Shoes and bags are sprayed with Dettol upon arrival
- Hands are washed upon arrival
- All children remain in their age group bubbles both indoors and outdoors
- High contact areas are cleaned throughout the day and cleaners are on site every evening
- Disinfectant Fogger Machine is used to sanitise large areas
- Toys are on a play and sterilise rota
- Frequent hand washing throughout the day
- Mini individual tuff trays
- No parents or external agencies are allowed into the building
The children have quickly adapted to the new normal, we are so proud of them all and we believe this highlights just how much they love and enjoy nursery.
Abbey Wood Grange turned 30 in 2020 and although over the years at AWG we have dealt with many different scenarios, Olivia, Lisa and Cheryl have a combined AWG service of over 65 years and often joke that they could write a book! No one however could have envisioned having to adapt and deal with something like this but AWG is a unique and special place built on a mutual respect of love, passion and dedication and not even a worldwide pandemic will stop us!
We would like to say a huge thank you for all the overwhelming support we have received from our parents, it really does mean such a lot and we truly believe that this reconfirms the special bond we have with all our families.
We look forward to the future and dealing with with whatever comes our way, as a Team like we always do.
The Abbey Wood Team