Entertaining Pre-school Nursery Children this Summer
With the much-anticipated school holidays very nearly upon us, the question on many parents’ lips is ‘what are we going to do with the kids this year?’. After most of us already having entertained our Preschool Nursery Children during the endless weeks of lockdown, it can be hard to find new fun and exciting things to do. However the good news is, there are so many more places to visit now as most of the COVID-19 restrictions in England have lifted.
We’ve put together a list of pre-school nursery childcare favourites to help beat the school holiday boredom and keep the whole family entertained.
Before we jump in, be sure to check out some of our previous blogs on at-home activities, keeping your pre-school nursery children entertained during bank holidays , Private Day-care Nursery advice on screen time and how to keep pre-school children safe in the sun.
Pre-school nursery childcare favourites:
- Create a home cinema or visit the real thing, now that we can!
- Swimming – Whether it be your local pool or water park, there’s lots of fun to be had swimming.
- Make an obstacle course- either inside or outside your home. Get creative, make it as easy or as hard as you like based on your children’s ability, or better still, let them help you set it up and suggest ideas.
- Create your own Treasure Hunt- again either inside the house or outside in the garden or even at your local park. Give them a treasure map and some clues and they’ll be entertained until they’ve found that golden prize.
- Build a den! Every child loves a fort or den to hide in. Use bedsheets, boxes and cushions to create somewhere they can hide & play. You can even add fairy lights for an extra special cosy feel.
- Visit a Zoo or Farm
- Go trampolining
- Visit a museum
- Give an adventure park like GoApe a try, this is a great one to expel lots of energy!
- Go bowling
- Book a holiday or mini break
- Don’t be afraid to re-visit some of the fun you had during lockdown!
For more ideas check out ‘days out with kids’ near Preschool Day Nursery Abbey Wood Grange, Croydon.
Holidays can be a great time to bond with your pre-school nursery children. It can also be stressful especially for parents who work full time. With a little bit of advanced planning and preparation, you can alleviate some of that pressure and enjoy the time together as a family.
Be sure to get the children involved in the planning. Have a range of activities to choose from: stuff to do at home, in the garden, outdoors, and the odd few activities that cost money, so as not to break the bank.