Abbey Wood Grange Day Nursery and Childcare - Our Aims
The aim of our nursery is to provide a happy, secure, safe and stimulating environment for children, while encouraging them to develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually. We promote independence and a caring and sympathetic attitude to life in general.
Our ongoing aims are:
- To encourage children to become more independent and feel at home in a warm, caring and secure environment.
- To look upon each child as an individual, taking into consideration cultures and special needs.
- To be committed to high quality care, offering a variety of activities to enhance their social, physical, emotional and cognitive development.
- Seeking the views and advice from our parents and making them feel welcome.
- Monitoring the development of the children and sharing information with parents on a daily basis.
- To ensure our staff are continually developing their skills, through regular professional training.
An essential part of our role is to provide an environment for the children that promotes health, safety and protection. We are responsible for maintaining a safe environment and contributing to the safety and protection of the children. We will ensure that any risks or hazards are dealt with and reported promptly according to procedures.