The candidate would join our friendly team and would benefit from gaining nursery childcare experience and knowledge whilst gaining an NVQ qualification.
- To work the shift every day as arranged by the Nursery, and ensure that you report at least 10 minutes before your shift starts.
- To work together with the Nursery Nurse. To be involved in planning suitable activities in line with the EYFS to ensure the children’s developmental needs are met.
- To supervise the children indoors (including mealtimes) and outdoors during playtime and other activities.
- To assist the Nursery Nurse in the maintaining of records, reports, registers as well as observations and assessments maintaining confidentiality at all-time ensuring the safekeeping of such documents.
- To work in partnership with all parents/carers to encourage open communication and involvement within the setting.
- To maintain a non-racial and non-sexist environment at all times considering different diets and religious practices, respect and value all colleagues, children, and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
- To work as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To inform the Manager or Senior Member on duty of any concerns of the welfare of a child before approaching the parents.
- To encourage the holistic development of the children by providing appropriate activities and by setting good examples.
- To ensure that the room is kept clean, tidy, and well-stocked and to provide a pleasant and safe environment for both children and staff. This applies to all areas of the Nursery including the Staff Room, Romp Room, and Nappy Room/Changing Areas where it is cleaned via a rota system.
- To help maintain the nursery equipment i.e. Toys, books, etc., and to sterilize the toys regularly.
- To take entitled breaks as follows:10 mins between 10 am and 10.30 am
1 hour between 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm
- To be aware of the children’s health, safety, and security at all times.
- To ensure that messages to and from parents/carers are passed on to those relevant.
- To record accidents in detail on the Accident Form and to ensure that the parents and person in charge sign the record on the same day.
- To record any prescribed or pre-arranged medication the child may need to be administered in detail on the child’s individual medicine sheet and to ensure the administration of such is witnessed and signed by the parent on the same day.
- To attend out of working hours activities, including training, staff meetings, and special events.
- To follow any rotas introduced and to work as a team with other members of nursery staff to ensure the efficiency of such.
- To book any Annual Leave in advance (Christmas Week and Bank Holidays are inclusive of your holiday entitlement)
- To set a good example to Students in placement at the Nursery and to encourage their involvement with the activities of the Nursery.
- To follow any specific duties of assignments given from time to time as the need arises.
This Job Description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Salary/ Overtime/Bonus/Training & Uniform
- Overtime is paid to everyone at their own hourly rate when it is has been accumulated up to 1 hour. Staff Meetings and Training days are included.
- As a bonus for every year you work, you will receive an extra day Annual Leave up to a maximum of five days.
- Training is actively encouraged and NVQ’s and short courses are available for staff to further their knowledge in the childcare sector.
- There is a Training Agreement for staff whereby any short courses that are paid for by the company that are not attended or if you leave employment within the year may result in a percentage of the fee for that course being paid back to the company.
- Uniform is provided to each member of staff which consists of 3x Polo Shirts & 1x Fleece, you will need to provide sensible shoes/black trousers/black cardigan and any other uniform required can be purchased for a fee.