We are looking for a hard working individual with NVQL2 in Childcare. We provide a competitive rate of pay and an attractive employment package.
1. To work the shift everyday as arranged by the Nursery, and ensure that you report in at least 10 minutes before your shift starts.
2. To be responsible for planning and work together with the Nursery Assistants to ensure suitable activities have been planned in line with the EYFS and that the children’s developmental needs are met ,particularly in you absence.
3. To supervise the children indoors (including mealtimes) and outdoors during play time and other activities and deploy staff effectively around play areas.
4. To maintain records, reports, registers as well as observations and assessments maintaining confidentiality at all-time ensuring the safe keeping of such documents.
5. To work in partnership with all parents/carers to encourage open communication and involvement within the setting.
6. To maintain a non-racial and non-sexist environment at all times considering different diets and religious practices, respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
7. To work as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
8. To inform the Manager or Senior Member on duty of any concerns of the welfare of a child before approaching the parents.
9. To encourage the holistic development of the children by providing appropriate activities and by setting good examples.
10. To ensure that the room is kept clean, tidy and well stocked and to provide a pleasant and safe environment for both children and staff. This applies to all areas of the nursery including the Staff Room, Romp Room and Nappy Room/ Changing Areas where it is cleaned via a rota system.
11. To help maintain the Nursery equipment i.e. Toys, books etc. and to sterilize the toys regularly.
12. To take entitled breaks as follows :10 mins between 10 am and 10.30 am
1 hour between 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm
13. To be aware of the children’s health, safety and security at all times.
14. To ensure that messages to and from parents/carers are passed on to those relevant.
15. To record accidents in detail on the Accident Form and to ensure that the parents and person in charge signs the record on the same day.
16. To record any prescribed or pre- arranged medication the child may need administered in detail on the child’s individual medicine sheet, and to ensure the administration of such is witnessed and signed by the parent on the same day.
17. To attend out of working hours activities, to include training, staff meetings and special events.
18. To follow any rotas introduced and to work as a team with other members of nursery staff to ensure the efficiency of such.
19. To book any Annual Leave in advance (Christmas Week and Bank Holidays are inclusive of your holiday entitlement)
20. To set a good example to Students in placement at the Nursery and to encourage their involvement with the activities of the Nursery.
21. To follow any specific duties of assignments given from time to time as the need arises.
This Job Description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
NVQL2 in Childcare
Here are just some of the benefits of working at Abbey Wood Grange …..
- £500 joining bonus after 6 months subject to probation period (Subject to T’s & Cs).
- £300 refer a friend bonus subject to probation period
- Free enhanced DBS
- Free onsite training
- Pension contribution
- Competitive pay/annual review
- Free uniform
- 1 Extra day annual leave for every year of service (Max 5)
- Monthly room budget for extra resources
- Family run
- Flexible working hours
- Free onsite parking
- Excellent transport links
- Discounted childcare
- Low staff turnover
Salary/ Overtime/Bonus/Training & Uniform
- Overtime is paid to everyone at their own hourly rate when it is has been accumulated up to 1 hour. Staff Meetings and Training days/evenings are included.
- As a bonus for every year you work, you will receive an extra day Annual Leave up to a maximum of five days.
- Training is actively encouraged and NVQ’s and short courses are available for staff to further their knowledge in the childcare sector.
- There is a Training Agreement for staff whereby any short courses that are paid for by the company that are not attended or if you leave employment within the year may result in a percentage of the fee for that course being paid back to the company.
- Uniform is provided to each member of staff which consists of 3x Polo Shirts & 1 x fleece, you will need to provide sensible shoes and Black Trousers (no jeans) and Black Cardigan any other uniform required can be purchased for a fee.