Abbeywood Grange Preschool Nursery Advises Sepsis Signals
The key to fighting sepsis is awareness.
The NHS advise the following when spotting Sepsis in children.
Go straight to A&E or call 999 if a child has any of these symptoms
- Looks mottled, blush or pale
- Is very lethargic or difficult to wake
- Feels abnormally cold to touch
- Is breathing very fast
- Has a rash that doesn’t fade with pressure
- Has a fit or convulsion
Call 111 for urgent medical advice if a child has any of the following symptoms, is getting worse or is sicker than expected.Temperature
- Over 38c in babies under 3 months
- Over 39c in babies aged 3-6 months
- Any high temperature in a child who cannot be encouraged to show interest in anything
- A low temperature ( below 36c ) check 3 times in a 10 minute period
- Finding it much harder to breathe than normal
- Making ‘grunting’ noises with every breath
- Unable to say more than a few words at once
- Breathing that ‘pauses’
- No wee or wet nappies for 12 hours
- Baby under 1 month old with no interest in feeding
- Not drinking for more than 8 hours when awake
- Bile-stained (green) bloody or black vomit
- Soft spot on head bulging
- ‘sunken’ looking eyes
- Child cannot be encouraged to show interest in anything
- Baby is floppy
- Weak ‘whining’ or continuous crying in younger child
- Older child is confused
- Unresponsive or very irritable
- Stiff neck, especially when trying to look up and down.
More information can be found at www.nhs.uk/conditions/sepsis
Tags for this post: Private Day Nursery South Croydon, Nursery South Croydon, Childcare South Croydon, Early Years Funding, Playschool South Croydon, Baby Childrens Preschool South Croydon, Abbeywood Grange,
Early Years Education helps to expand the learning & development that’s already taken place in your child’s life in a new, stimulating and engaging environment.
South Croydon Nursery Abbey Wood Grange believes welcoming a pet into your home can be a positive experience, offering learning and development opportunities.
Emergency Childcare is probably one of the most important things any parent will want to consider when choosing the right child care to suit their needs.
I remember the first day I walked into Abbey Wood Grange as an enthusiastic 17 year old having just completed my CCE at East Surrey College.
Nurseries near me is a phrase that many parents are using in South Croydon to find which private nurseries are nearest to them.