Abbeywood Grange Preschool Nursery Advises Sepsis Signals
The key to fighting sepsis is awareness.
Go straight to A&E or call 999 if a child has any of these symptoms
- Looks mottled, blush or pale
- Is very lethargic or difficult to wake
- Feels abnormally cold to touch
- Is breathing very fast
- Has a rash that doesn’t fade with pressure
- Has a fit or convulsion
Call 111 for urgent medical advice if a child has any of the following symptoms, is getting worse or is sicker than expected.
- Over 38c in babies under 3 months
- Over 39c in babies aged 3-6 months
- Any high temperature in a child who cannot be encouraged to show interest in anything
- A low temperature ( below 36c ) check 3 times in a 10 minute period
- Finding it much harder to breathe than normal
- Making ‘grunting’ noises with every breath
- Unable to say more than a few words at once
- Breathing that ‘pauses’
- No wee or wet nappies for 12 hours
- Baby under 1 month old with no interest in feeding
- Not drinking for more than 8 hours when awake
- Bile-stained (green) bloody or black vomit
- Soft spot on head bulging
- ‘sunken’ looking eyes
- Child cannot be encouraged to show interest in anything
- Baby is floppy
- Weak ‘whining’ or continuous crying in younger child
- Older child is confused
- Unresponsive or very irritable
- Stiff neck, especially when trying to look up and down.
More information can be found at www.nhs.uk/conditions/sepsis
Tags for this post: Private Day Nursery South Croydon, Nursery South Croydon, Childcare South Croydon, Early Years Funding, Playschool South Croydon, Baby Childrens Preschool South Croydon, Abbeywood Grange,
How to stay healthy during the Winter months
Croydon Preschool Nursery Advises Sepsis Early Signals - Infection Signs and Symptoms Detailed Here.
Abbey Wood Private Childcare Nursery in South Croydon covers a large geographical area and offers advice when relocating homes to a new Preschool Nursery in South Croydon
New research has proven that children absorb higher than average self-regulation characteristics and less bullying tendancies when compared to different education arenas.
Choosing the right kind of childcare to support your child's learning and development is a big step. Making the right decision can feel overwhelming when there are so many options available t